Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
my second hernia

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

my second hernia

I had twins in  2008 and i was told that i had a umbilical hernia i was fine till last october and had excruciating pain and could barely walk i went to a surgeon and he said that it needed to be repaired asap i went in the very next day to get a mesh screen put over the hole he did it laproscopicly. well i now have another hernia right next to where my old one was it doesnt hurt like before but my appetite has changed i feel bloated a lot and am having trouble going to the bathroom regularly. there is a visible buldge and it seems to be getting larger and i can tell that my belly button is now starting to buldge on the side.

will i need to have a different kind of surgery since it hasnt been very long and its so close to my old one , will they need to put something else down instead of a mesh screen?

please help me i have 3 kids and i also work i would like to get this fixed asap.