pectus Excavatum
ok my husband has a Mitral Valve prolapse as well a a deforamtion called Pectus Excavatum . We have talked about having the deformation fixed but i wanted to know how risky that kind of surgery is considering it's on hischest and he has the heart problem . and what the typical recovery is like for something like that.
There are a number of alternative treatments used for pectus deformity.  In children, the sternum is actually reshaped to create a more normal contour.  In adults, the use of a customize silicone implant is often more appropriate.  Check with a local reconstructive plastic surgeon about his options.  The presence of mitral valve prolapse will probably not be a significant factor.