Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
permenent suture removal,one year post tummytuck
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

permenent suture removal,one year post tummytuck

I had mt permanent sutures removed,6 months ago from a tumy tuck that was extremely tight.I went a year and a half until my husband had me go to a surgeon that thought removal would help me loosen a bit.The sutures were lodged deep in my rectus muscle tissue.Since then I can barely hold myself up,and my muscle is exremely weak..it appears as though it has sunken in especially in the middle.I am very concerned,and it feels as though it is coming apart.How important were the sutures,did this surgeon make a bad decision?Do you think I need to have this fixed..after exercise,it is painful,and my lower abdomen protrudes very noticably.It is to the point of bigtime fear .I was glad to find you.Sincerely,Neicy42
Tags: sutures