Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
platysmal plication w lower face lift
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

platysmal plication w lower face lift

I had a seroma following my platysmal plication and it mostly leaked out of my chin. since then it has formed a larged dense scarball. I think i may also have laryngocoele as my throat bulges out considerably when I talk, sing or clear my throat, or humm. the scarball is so big though that it is difficult to tell. I am getting an xray tomorrow and the only thing I can think of that may have coused this was I threw up during surgery and they had to put a tube down my throat. could this have damaged my larynx? I also thin I have "tenting" going on due to the platysmal muscle being tied very tight followed by the seroma. What are your thoughts? I would be happy to send you photos if you wish to see my throat at rest and when it bulges. It is qute remarkable though not the look I was going for. great for parlor tricks. please let me kmow if yu have ever seen anyting like this. and is it correctable?
Thanks
Seroma