Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
platysmal plication w lower face lift
I had a seroma following my platysmal plication and it mostly leaked out of my chin. since then it has formed a larged dense scarball. I think i may also have laryngocoele as my throat bulges out considerably when I talk, sing or clear my throat, or humm. the scarball is so big though that it is difficult to tell. I am getting an xray tomorrow and the only thing I can think of that may have coused this was I threw up during surgery and they had to put a tube down my throat. could this have damaged my larynx? I also thin I have "tenting" going on due to the platysmal muscle being tied very tight followed by the seroma. What are your thoughts? I would be happy to send you photos if you wish to see my throat at rest and when it bulges. It is qute remarkable though not the look I was going for. great for parlor tricks. please let me kmow if yu have ever seen anyting like this. and is it correctable?
Thanks
Seroma
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242582 tn?1193616720
The usual platysma plication is superficial and does not involve the larynx.  If necessay, be seen by an otolaryngologist about your unusual symptoms.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A