Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
retaining fluid

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

retaining fluid
How can I get rid of retained fluid in my abdomen. particulary the lower abdomen below navel. It has been 3 weeks since my surgery and I have fluid in my whole abdomen. My lower abdomen below my navel has the most fluid. Overall I look fabulous in comparison to pre surgery. doctor suggested the needle, but how risky is this and is there another option besides the needle
If a seroma is accumulating following a tummy tuck, the fastest technique for resolution is to aspirate the fluid.  This may required aspiration daily for three of four days.  The condition may resolve on its own, but may take several weeks or more to resorb and heal.  
A related discussion, fluid after tummy tuck was started.