Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
scarring from open heart surgery

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

scarring from open heart surgery
I am interested to know if anyone has had plastic surgery after open heart surgery to hide the scar?
I am looking at a worst case scenario that i would have to have open heart, but it is playing on my mind as I am quite young, 24 and have been hearing very negative things about the scarring from the procedure and want to know if it able to be covered or hidde, the time after the surgery you have to wait to go ahead with plastic surgery and what not.
If you have a medical condition that necessitates open heart surgery, the residual scar should be your least worry.  Most people heal well from this surgery, with occasional healing problems that can be addressed if they occur.
A related discussion, hi was started.