Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
skull deform

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

skull deform

hi i am 21 years old and i feel like my skull is a little deformed because of an incident that occured when i was 13. a garage shut on my head and was putting pressure on the back my head all the way to my forehead. my parents said it didnt do anything to me but is it possible. and if so how do i find out what damage was done and how do i fix it. i remember the incident like it was yesterday it never ever bothered me until recently while i was feeling the back of my head and wondering if it was a little normal because on the left side is wider than the right. and the back of my head is flat and uneven. is this normal. and do u think a garge being slowly compressed can cause damage without me even relizing it? some please help ease my mind.
At age thirteen, the skull bones are fully formed and not readily deformed.  I doubt that your previous trauma produced your current skull deformity.  A full evaluation would require skull X-rays, and probably a CT scan.  You would need to be evaluated by a craniofacial surgeon, but it is not likely that any procedure would be recommended, because these surgeries and usually reserved for infants.
1 Comment
Hey pimpin420 have you find help about your skull problem if you did can you share it with me I have the same problem and I am willing to take any chances dude you know there got to be something for people with similar problems out there any advise where I can get help...