Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
small lump on my forehead above left eyebrow

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

i am having a small lump just above my left eyebrow .one year back the lump was removed by a plastic surgeon after local anesthesia. but now it again coming up to the same seize. the doctor said next time it can be removed after gen. anesthesia since the root is deep into the skull.is it good to take a 64 slice ct scan of the forehead before next surgery?

The most likely diagnosis is an epidermoid cyst.  This is a relatively common problem. The cyst can recur after removal, if the base of the cyst is not cauterized at its origin at the skull bone.  A CT scan is usually not necessary for treatment of the cyst.
A related discussion, Lump on forehead was started.
A related discussion, lump on forehead was started.
A related discussion, Lump remove above right eye brow was started.