Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
tummy tuck while on interferon
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

tummy tuck while on interferon

I have an still open vertical umbilical to pubis incision (not open but a little bit).  I have a seroma underneath. At the time this surgery was performed I had a 20 cm. ovarian cyst removed.

Unfortunately, at the same time as the surgery, I was exposed to Hep C (this is confirmed by labs, etc).  

So for all this time since surgery last november, I have either had acute hepatitis or have started treatment 14 weeks ago with Interferon and Ribavirin.

So the long and short is the seroma has not absorbed and I know have a hard painful area to the left of the incision and a pulling sensation.

Shouldn't I have at least a panniculectomy and is it safe to do so on Interferon?