Cosmetic Dentistry Expert Forum
DENTIST AN ARTIST?

Questions in the Cosmetic Dentistry Forum will be answered by a medical expert. Topics include: Bonding, Bleaching-Whitening, Braces, Bridges, Crowns, Enamel Shaping, Extractions, Implants, Gap Closing (Diastema), Gum Issues, Recontouring, Recovery, Repairing Teeth, Ridge Augmentation, Shaping, Surgery, Veneers

DENTIST AN ARTIST?
My dentist back in texas takes bonding material and FORMS beautiful, life like teeth to make you appear you've
had veneers but without the expense and sensitivity. Is this unusual for a dentist to do this? He connected all my
daughter's teeth with very white bond and they look movie star perfect.
Dear Susan,

It is rare but it is done.  Please keep in mind that bonding is not as strong as porcelain veneer and the color is not stable.  Over time the color of the bonding will change since it is more stain prone whereas porcelain veneer is stain resistant.

Best,

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
General and Cosmetic Dentist
Beverly Hills, California        
Thanks ; I assumed it was rare; so time consuming. My daughter doesn't seem to have any problems at all with staining. I know she stopped drinking coffee to help protect them and she does't smoke.  She got them as white as possible. When on rare occasions she has a chip she simply goes back and he fixes it. I don't know what he charges but I really want to make an appointment . Veneers can cause terrible sensitivity and I've been using Sensodyne for many years. Plus, if the public could see photographs of how much tooth surface is removed before placement they would be horrified. The amount of tooth removed SOUNDS small but if they saw a photograph* they'd definitely think twice.
  Suzy
A related discussion, implant/veneer re-coloring was started.