Cosmetic Dentistry Expert Forum
Not Getting Used to Dental Crown
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Dentistry Forum will be answered by a medical expert. Topics include: Bonding, Bleaching-Whitening, Braces, Bridges, Crowns, Enamel Shaping, Extractions, Implants, Gap Closing (Diastema), Gum Issues, Recontouring, Recovery, Repairing Teeth, Ridge Augmentation, Shaping, Surgery, Veneers

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Not Getting Used to Dental Crown

Hi, ever since I've broken my incisor to the right of my front incisor along the upper row of teeth, I have had a porcelain crown to restore the broken tooth.
However, the crown bonded to the tooth is not constructed as precisely as the lateral tooth on my left, thus I can feel the symmetrical difference in my mouth.  It isn't really comfortable as it feels like theres a bulge of extra porcelain material as compared to my tooth on the left.  

My question is, should I be getting used to the crown or should a crown be made as precise as the original tooth before it was broken?