Cosmetic Dentistry Expert Forum
Persistent dental pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Dentistry Forum will be answered by a medical expert. Topics include: Bonding, Bleaching-Whitening, Braces, Bridges, Crowns, Enamel Shaping, Extractions, Implants, Gap Closing (Diastema), Gum Issues, Recontouring, Recovery, Repairing Teeth, Ridge Augmentation, Shaping, Surgery, Veneers

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Persistent dental pain

I had three apicos on my upper left. My endo guy took out a heavy-duty amalgam on one root. He said it would take a while to heal, but that was over a year ago. I have been in pain ever since. Of course I've been back: They put my on antibotics to no avial (and I am allergic to most) and then sent me to have my tooth pulled, but the expert said it was a good tooth and that I had TMJ. I then had a costly mouth guard built and have since met with three dentists looking for answers. Lots of xrays. I even had a head CAT scan (thinking it might be a sinus problem), but it revealed nothing. I originally went to the dentist to have cosmetic work. I want a brighter smile and I have a few crowns, so I was looking into having them replaced and to get veneered up, but now my mission is to have a day without pain. Any suggestions? Where could I possibly go from here? Acupunture? My funds for the cosmetic work is dwindling.