Cosmetic Dentistry Expert Forum
Teeth Gap
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Dentistry Forum will be answered by a medical expert. Topics include: Bonding, Bleaching-Whitening, Braces, Bridges, Crowns, Enamel Shaping, Extractions, Implants, Gap Closing (Diastema), Gum Issues, Recontouring, Recovery, Repairing Teeth, Ridge Augmentation, Shaping, Surgery, Veneers

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Teeth Gap

hi,

i have a medium sized gap between my two front teeth. after doing some research i found a lot of procedures for fixing the gap, including rubber bands, bonding, and frenulectomy. what would you recommend? which procedure will last the longest and which one is the cheapest? are there any side effects to any one of them?

you response will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Tags: gap, diastema
Related Discussions
527571_tn?1213198831
Ddear Fbaig,

The best choice is braces whereby your teeth will not be touched at all.  However this takes the longest time to fix and it is not cheap.  After closing the gap with braces you have to wear a retainer at night for many many years in some cases for the rest of your life in order for the teeth not to move.  

If the frenum is in the way frenectomy is necessary regardless of which choice you end up going with.  However frenectomy will not close the gap.  

The second alternative is bonding which is the quickest and the least expensive choice.  However it will discolor easier than porcelain veneers and it has to be replaced every 5 to 10 years.

The third choice is doing porcelain veneers which is the best long term solution but both of your front teeth have to be shaved and is more expensive.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
General and Cosmetic Dentist
Beverly Hills, California            
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity