Cosmetic Surgery Community
Breast Lift Scar

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Breast Lift Scar

I had a breast lift about 3 months ago.  My areolas were stretched and covered a large portion of my breast area.  At my pre-op appointment, my doctor explained that he has to cut the skin around my areola and would bring down the skin and sew together underneath my nipple (standard stuff).  However, he said that because I had so much areola skin, he might not be able to get all of the "brown" (areola skin), and that some might wind up in the scar going from my nipple to the crease.  

I, in fact, do have some of the brown around the verticle scar.  One breast is worse than the other and the discoloration is obvious.  My doctor is reputable, but he did not tell me this at my initial consultation, or I would have asked around to make sure that the potential complication couldn't be avoided.  My doctor said that he could "revise" my scar and take out some of the leftover brown skin 6-12 months post-op.  I am not happy at the thought of having a second procedure (although he said he could do it in his office).  

I'm really concerned about this!  I'd never heard of this issue in all my pre-op research.  Have you?

This discussion is related to BREAST LIFT QUESTION.