Broken nose
I have had sinus infections all my life. So finally I went to go see a ent. He has done 3 surgeries I broke my nose after the first sinus surgery he did, he went in and fixed it. I had a second sinus surgery about a month ago and then again broke it two weeks later after my surgery. Now he is sending me to see a reconstruction surgeon. I tried to ask him why but he would not give me much of a answer. I was wondering if any knew why he would send me to see a reconstructive surgeon, and not just fix it him self.
It maybe because you broke your nose twice and an injured nose can bleed from cuts of the skin or inside the nose. These cuts may need to be repaired and evaluated immediately. Excessive activity may restart bleeding. Blood can also collect inside tissue (hematoma). A septal hematoma can cause trouble by injuring or thickening the septal structures. Injured septal structures may result in the loss of structural support of the nose. Septal thickening may obstruct the nose. Maybe the doctor thinks your nose needs some structural support. Rhinoplastic surgeon might answer your questions accurately , so it won't hurt to meet the surgeon.