Cosmetic Surgery Community
Cortisone injections damaged eye tissue following cosmetic surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cortisone injections damaged eye tissue following cosmetic surgery

I had cosmetic surgery a year ago.  The right eye was excessively bruised, swollen and painful.  The surgeon injected cortisone on two ocassions.  Now the eye looks like I have a "shiner. The top of the cheek is lower than the left so facial symmetry is lost.  The tissue under the eye is atrophied. The skin is very thin and painful like a burn.  There were numerous blood vessels which he has cauterized.  The eye remains painful which causes me to fear muscle damage.  He injected fat from my belly in November and told me it would be 18 mos. before I knew if it had taken and "grown" to restore tissue to the area. I want him to repeat the injection or try something else. It doesn't look like all the fat survived.  There is a ridge of thickened tissue but depressions still exist on either side.  What do you recommend?
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Indentations are very common after steroid injections. The healing depends on the depth of the skin. If it is very deep involving multiple layers of skin then it may cause a small indentation. In that case laser resurfacing can be considered. But if it is superficial then it may heal with passage of time.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cosmetic Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...