Cosmetic Surgery Community
Dermal hyperpigmentation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Dermal hyperpigmentation

Hi, I have a chickenpox scar on my nose since i was 10, I'm 23 now. Been to a skin clinic to do something about the scar, it appears greyish black, done a biopsy test, and the hyperpigmentation is deep within the dermis. I have done 2 times of laser on it and applied hydroquinone for about a month. But it still remains unchanged, are there any other options? I'm getting very depressed about it
For hyperpigmentation due to chicken pox, topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Yes, I've tried laser for 2 times till now. But it seems like the pigmentation is not fading at all. Can the pigment be totally cleared?
For removal of chicken pox scars which are stubborn scars, multiple laser sittings may be required. You should discuss with your dermatologist regarding the number of sittings that you may require.