Cosmetic Surgery Community
Dog whose eye popped out of its socket and is now swollen.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

My dog, we think, got hit by a car and her left eye popped completely out of her socket. She is a pomapoo and our doctor is telling us that in order for her eye to pop all of the way out like it did, she had to have severe trauma. We just took her back to the vet today(Tuesday) and her surgery was Saturday. So its been 3 days since her surgery. The doctor cleaned her eye and told us that on Monday we need to come back in the morning and they will probably sedate her, take the stitches out, and see whats going on. She said that there's a 75% chace that the eye will need to be removed. What are the best ways to try and get the swelling down so the eye will hopefully pop back into its socket? I really don't want her eye to be taken out if it doesn't have to be.