Cosmetic Surgery Community
Fat graph on scalp? Possible?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Fat graph on scalp? Possible?

I'm a 25 yr old male and have considerable hair loss. I've opted out of the whole chemicals, transplants etc and decided to just shave my head anyway. I'm pretty happy with it and I'm ready to move on with my life but...after buzzing my head I Noticed I had a noticeable depression/dimple/cranial abnormality on the back of my head. It's about the size of a quarter and isn't especially deep (like maybe 2 or so mm. hard to say), but it still sort of looks like I took blunt trauma to the back of my head or something. I talked with a plastic surgeon about permanent solutions and he is encouraging fat graphing. Has anyone heard of this used for something other than minor wrinkles?  What will it look like over an area that large? Roughly normal like the rest of my head? Also, I have a really high metabolism and am pretty active, how will that effect the fat "taking"? Thanks for any help!
What you mean to say is fat graft transfer. Scalp flap transfer is a technique that involves the transfer of large strips of hair-bearing scalp on the sides of the head (located above the ears) to an area of scalp without hair. It can also repair a non-traumatic cosmetic defect. It also repairs a traumatic injury site and restores its functionality and cosmetic appearance.

You can talk to your plastic surgeon and get it done.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. However, I'm not really looking for a follicular transplant. From what I've read those are very expensive and difficult to  do right and if they're not, almost impossible to reverse. In other words I'm fine with being bald-I just want to fix the bump that balding has reveled, and grafting some fat to "fill the hole" was what the surgeon recommended but I just can't find any information on something like that. I actually just saw a guy the other day with an indentation JUST like mine in the same place (back-top part of the head) so I'm thinking it's not too rare and someone out there has had something done to correct it.