Cosmetic Surgery Community
Full Body Lift

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Full Body Lift

I had the gastric bypass surgery 1 year ago. I started at 222 and I last weighed in at 146. My next check up is in January, but I am 11lbs away from my goal weight of 135. Now I plan on getting a full body lift to remove the excess loose skin, but I'm wondering can I have my plastic surgery now instead of waiting til I reach my goal weight? Or waiting til the full 2yrs has gone by to completely stabilize my body? What would be the safer decision? If anyone can provide any info on this topic or have experienced this plz respond and let me know. I am at the smallest I've ever been and I'm happy with the results, just hoping I can complete my look with getting my full body lift or should I wait? Thank you in advance for your help.  
You know, I'm also thinking about full body lift, but have some fears. After reading reviews (http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consumer-reviews/plastic-surgery.html) I came to conclusion that this surgery is quite dangerous. Now I'm sitting on the fence trying to decide is I should have body lift. Please advise!  
Well I posted my ? Seeking answers myself, but you're interested in a full body lift but believe it to be dangerous. First of all, all surgery is dangerous and poses some sort of risk. You started off doing the right thing by researching it, but you cant stop there with just the internet. You need to go a little further and research some plastic surgeons in your area maybe 3 or 4 and see who specialize in full body lifts and what are their success rates. Research their license and if they have any malpractice or negligent lawsuits pending against them or if they do have/had any cases; you should check to see if they were settled quickly out of court. If it is it usually means the doctor was at fault and wants this problem to go away fast. Secondly, do u even really need to have a full body lift? Do u have a medical condition that causes you to need one or is it purely superficial and cosmetic for you? If u can answer those ?'s for yourself then I'm sure you'll have your answer on what u should do.

I know why I'm doing it and it is medical. It's a decision I made after all the research and medical necessity. I still have to consult with some plastic surgeons to give their recommendations and professional suggestions, but I know its something I want n need to do for myself. That is your last and final piece of research you should do before making a complete and informed decision. Good luck and best wishes to you.