Cosmetic Surgery Community
Gastroschisis reconstuctive surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Gastroschisis reconstuctive surgery

I was born in 1975 in Houston Tx. I was 3months premature and a few other complications. As an infant I had 7 surgeries to fix my stomach. Today I have 3 healthy girls and now having complications and seeking to have reconstructive surgery done. I am having rashes that have developed into staph infections many times. No matter what I do I get the rash in between the folds of my skin of the scar and it continues to worsen no matter what I do. I have lost weight and the problem continues or worsen do to the overlaps. I have talked with a surgeon and he said it is possible to straighten the scar but have to have invasive CAT scan done to be positive I can have the surgery.
I am wanting to know if anyone has had the procedure done and if it has helped. I am afraid this will become worse as I get older and the infections will get to a point that I cannot control and it cause more permanent damage than I have already.

Thank you for any help or advice you can give me.  
  • breast rash (1 replies):
    I had reconstruction surgery in 2005. I just developed ...[more]