Cosmetic Surgery Community
Hard ridge in armpit one week after breast reduction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

I had a breast reduction done for cosmetic reasons and to alleviate back/neck pain. The surgical bra they put on after the procedure did not come all the way up under one armpit and a small area of fat hung over the upper band of the bra for about 3 days post-op. I kept trying to tug the bra up over this area but was never very successful. At post-op day 5, I was cleared to switch to a soft sports bra and that's when I realized there was an indentation in swollen tissue at the armpit and this hard ridge of tissue right above it. I had lipo on both axillary areas, too. I am concerned at feeling this hard area about 1 inch long and wondering what I can do to make it go away. Is this normal after breast reduction?