Cosmetic Surgery Community
Labiaplasty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Labiaplasty

I had a labiaplasty in may 2011 and a week into the healing process I noticed the sutures had come undone the right side. I immediately went back to the hospital where I had it done but the surgeon wasn't there so I had to see a nurse. Unaware of what she was looking at she couldn't see a problem and assured me that everything was okay. The weeks went by and as the area healed I noticed that the right side was healing in two parts. I went for my check up and the surgeon told me that he would have put extra sutures in if he had seen me that day but now it's healed there's little he can do. I would have to undergo further surgery to get it fixed.
So in August 2011 I underwent further surgery to correct this. Immediately when I got home, the sutures split and I had to go to a different hospital to get sutures put in whilst I was awake. It was agony. I had to drive home screaming and crying. Needless to say within days they split and i was in the same position. I saw another gynaecologist that' day who told me that the labia had healed in two different directions and she could not see how the corrective surgery would of worked as you are forcing together to bits of skin.
I went to see my surgeon and explained what I had told, she also said that I would need to see a plastic surgeon and get a skin graft to fuse the two parts together, he said it was nonsense and that he could fix it.
So I had surgery two weeks ago he's cut more of the labia that was attached and tried to reposition
it, butt the sutures have come away. So not only am I left with a huge v cut out and two separate parts, the part of the Labia that was protudiing has come away even more and looks like it is about to fall off. I am absolutely devastated. Don't know what to do I'm in tears and can't sleep-
Panic attacks when I look at it. What shall I do?