Cosmetic Surgery Community
Lipoma Removal Assistance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Lipoma Removal Assistance

I am a 30 year old female with a rather large Lipoma on my left side just above my waist.  It is probably the size of a softball.  It has grown over the past 8 years and hasn't really bothered me too much.  Within the last few years I have found it difficult to sleep on my left side and I notice a lot of discomfort in that area at certain times.  It is really starting to become an issue.  Sadly I do not have insurance and have been told this type of surgery could be over $1500.  I live in San Diego, CA, but could travel north for the right surgeon.  I was hoping someone might have a recommendation of a low cost option.  Thank you for your assistance!
Simple excision is usually done for superficial lipomas and is done under anesthesia by giving and excision and removing the contents of the lipoma. Then these contents are sent for histopathological examination.

Liposuction has more recurrence rate but in surgical incisional removal, since it is removed completely, including the capsule, the recurrence rate is less.
Depending on the hospital or clinic setup you are getting the lipoma removed, cost varies. You can confirm the rates from different good hospitals/ clinics in your area and compare the facilities provided.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.