Cosmetic Surgery Community
Nostril Flare Reduction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Nostril Flare Reduction

I like the size and shape of my nose, but I don't like how my nostrils flare up even when they are relaxed. Is it possible to reduce only nostril flare, and what are special risks associated with this surgery?
Please give me some information. Thank you!
Flaring nostrils is a very difficult problem to deal with but Nostril reduction surgery (called Alarplasty / Alar Base Reduction) can be done which is a commonly performed procedure that can narrow the width of the nostril base, decrease the amount of nostril flaring, or decrease the size of the nostrils.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.