Partner has picked up my red, itchy bumps from laser hair removal after intercourse
After my second treatment of laser hair removal (Brazilian), I developed red, itchy bumps around the area. After intercourse, my boyfriend complained of the same problem. Since he does not get laser hair removal, we're both stumped. We use protection and are in a monogamous relationship. My doctor told me it sounds/looks like folliculitus and prescribed antibiotics for it, but the area itches every time I return for treatments. The bumps will eventually go away, but each time my boyfriend and I have intercourse after my treatments, he gets the itchy bumps, too. I've looked on other forums, but didn't find any similar stories. Has anyone's partner had a similar problem?
Folliculitis is common after hair removal. After laser hair removal,  apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) on the rash and take some antihistaminic like benadryl or claritin.You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash. It will help in soothing the skin. Application of topical antibiotics like Neosporin will also help.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for the advice! I've continued with my hair removal treatments and the rash has stopped appearing after the treatments. Perhaps, my skin has acclimated?

p.s. the calamine and Neosporin did help when I was desperately trying to stop scratching.