Permanent fillers for over-lipo'ed butt
I live in NYC & had a fat grafting to my face in Fla that went horribly awry in that I have very little body fat & the harvest site (my bottocks) is now destroyed. I am (was) a fitness model & am now unable to work due to what has been done to me

I have very little fat so fat grafting may not be a possibility & even Sidney Colemans' office here in NYC has stated I may not have enough to repair the damage done

My only other option is to leave the country for permanent filler & I wanted to know if you used either Macrolane or Metacril in your practice & if anyone here has had experience with repairing, filling large areas such as the buttocks with one of the yet to be approved in US permanent fillers? And if so where did you go?

Thanks so much & I do hope to connect with someone who has had a good result with this

I can understand your concern but using butt fillers is with serious side effects. Many patients can look very good in the beginning; however, it may produce a disfigurement problem within five to 10 years from a foreign body reaction. Many fillers as silicone, hydrogel, aquagel and PMMP (polymethylmethacrilate microspheres) are being used overseas for butt augmentation, they are currently not FDA approved for use in the United States. The Major risk is that if it is not injected correctly it may go into the artery or the veins and the substances can travel to the lungs (embolism) and may lead to death.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for your response Dr Bhupinder Kaur

I really wish I could speak / correspond with an actual patient who has experienced exactly what you described ie 10 yrs great results then downhill. The reason being is thus far I have only heard negative from Drs and positives from patients

If there was an alternative I certainly would not be considering traveling outside the states for non FDA approved procedures however for someone who cannot use implants & who does not have enough fat fro a transfer it appears to be the only option for me to go back to work again

I'd love any further information you might have to share & thanks again!