Cosmetic Surgery Community
Plastic surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Plastic surgery

I am a 70 yrs. old widow and am considering a buttocks lift. Based on a consultation, the incisions would leave wide scars in the area near the lower hip on the backside. What is the risk of chronic pain and numbness? I was told that the result would last 10 yrs. Is this about right? How radical is this procedure for a generally healthy older person?  Can the procedure be repeated in the future and how? My physical problem is very disturbing to me, but I am in generally good health and do not know whether to risk such an intervention.

How do I get Dr.Howard Rosenberg's answer?
If you'd like to post in our Cosmetic Surgery doctor forum, you can go here to post:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Cosmetic-Surgery/show/126

Let us know if you have any problems or need any assistance!