Cosmetic Surgery Community
Questions and concerns about laser hair removal (LIGHTSHEER DUET)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Questions and concerns about laser hair removal (LIGHTSHEER DUET)

I am a fair skinned asian woman with thin black hair on most areas of my body. I have made an appointment to get laser treatments on my legs, stomach, chest, arms, armpits, upper back, and face. The thin hairs are barely visible in most of these areas, but I do not even like 'peach fuzz' so I have decided to get rid of it. I had a few concerns I hope you can answer:

1. My doctor is insisting that sessions for all areas are done once a month. I have read that the lower body should be spaced out 6-8 weeks, but he says it is fine. If I go ahead and do this, does it discourage the results?

2. I am told to shave all areas that will receive treatment. My legs and armpits I'm fine shaving, but I am REALLY skeptical about shaving my stomach/chest, face, and arms. these hairs are very faint, and I've never touched most of them before. Just in case the laser treatment doesn't fully work, will this cause these areas to become... gross? Meaning darker and thicker hair growing, bumps, and dryness. I do not want to make my hair situation worse!

Thank you for your time and advice.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
one more thing...

I'm planning to take a trip right after my 5th session in the summer. I will not tan at all prior to this, but I will be receiving a lot of sun exposure during this vacation. Is this okay?
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Legs are the best place for laser hair removal. Within 3 treatments you will achieve smooth, ingrown free legs and at least 50 percent of hair reduction will be achieved. The first 3 treatments may have to be 6 to 8 weeks apart usually but best way to estimate your treatment dates is to observe the new hair growth. The subsequent treatment is usually 4 to 6 weeks after the previous treatment. When you start to see new stubble (new hair growth), you can make an appointment within the week.

Your hair needs to be as short as possible for this treatment to be effective. Therefore it is recommended to shave at least a day or two before. Shaving it removes the surface debris and allows the laser beam to penetrate and kill the root as it should.

Tanning and laser are perfectly compatible as long as you make sure there is enough time between them (usually 1-2 weeks is enough) but you should firstly consult your doctor.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cosmetic Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...