Cosmetic Surgery Community
Rectus Distasis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rectus Distasis

If anybody has any advice I would appreciate it.  I have had 2 children, both over 9 lbs.  I had pains at my sides (hip areas) and my ob did laproscoptic to remove adhesions last year.  This really helped, she also sent me to a general surgeon because something in my abdomen didn't look correct.  This general surgeon said she couldn't help me and sent me back to my ob.  6 months go by, and my pain is worse.  I'm very uncomfortable, have a hard time walking distances, sharp stabbing pains when sneezing etc... I see another general surgeon, and I also see a reconstructive surgeon.  I go to P therapy, where I find out I have a 7 inch distasis seperation - I do my excercises, and my seperation closed to 5 inchies - BUT - everytime a pt works on me I get very sick - very nauseous.  They feel that my abdoman is hyper sensitive.  My organs are not happy about being moved around, but I do not feel any pain in my muscles after 24 hours from this work - but stay nauseous for weeks.  I really want to have a corrective surgery, but they are being conservative - I am just sick of being like this and seeing doctors everyweek - while looking like I am 6 months pregnant - can a regular plastic surgeon do this surgery for me? And, at the same time, are my adhesions at fault here.  Nobody wants to open me up while worrying about more adhesions forming - but I do not want to wait another year - it's been 3 years since my last child was born - any advice? I want to do the right thing, but this is very frustrating and I don't understand. Have soreness thru my whole abdominal area, and have had since my littlest was born.  Nothing has changed, but feel that I am worse.  I also cannot activly do any exercises with my belly weight - my muscles are very think on my lower abdominal region.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cosmetic Surgery Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
23 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank