Cosmetic Surgery Community
Remedy for Breast Assymetry without Augmentation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

I have breasts that are not symmetrical and have considered getting some sort of reconstructive surgery done but no implants.  I am active and don't mind having smaller breasts but I do mind that they are different in size.  This has more to do also with how my areolas are positioned, one being larger than the other, one being higher up than the other.  My left breast has a generally more pleasing appearance, with the larger areola and my right has less fat on the bottom curve and sides, as well as the smaller areola.  Does anyone know of surgical procedures that would help this situation?  I can only find procedures that will either augment the breasts or reduce the size, no real reconstructive options.  Is it possible to move fat from one breast to the other?  Is that even a medical procedure that works?  I have no desire to get implants.  I have never been to see a doctor about this and would prefer to read up before I actually do make an appointment.  Thanks
This surgery would probably fall under the "breast lift" or mastopexy procedure.  I only say this because it sounds like the larger breast is lower than the other.

It is great that you don't want implants, they were a disaster for me, had to have them removed after 10 years.  Many, many procedures to resolve problems with implants.

I don't know how old you are, but as one ages, there is usually a weight gain.  So as you get older you breasts will probably enlarge some.

Fat transfers have not worked successfully, it isn't that Doctor's don't do them and get paid for them... it is that they don't work long term.

Remember, the Dr gets paid, no matter what.

I would suggest serious research on plastic surgeons in your city or nearby.  I would not go to a university teaching hospital unless you don't care if a student intern operates on you.  I would not run the risk myself.

You want to know what the specialty is of this Doctor.  One Doctor in Hollywood ONLY does breasts, her Advertisement Reads... we do better breasts than God... apparently she does, she is very successful.

What you want to know is who certifies this Doctor (you want preferably the two biggest Plastic Surgeon Certifications to be on his record).  Where did he graduate in his class, avoid guys from the bottom should go without saying.

Check with the State Medical Board of Licensing, what problems has he had... has he practiced in other states... check them too.

If you like the sound of him/her, run a net check with a good service and see if he has ever been sued and for what and what the disposition of the suit was.

BEWARE of a Doctor that doesn't carry Mal-Practice Insurance... if his rates are too high, maybe it is because he is a bad surgeon.

Ask questions, if questions offend him.... run.

Consider a woman surgeon, ask the same questions, check the same checks.

Be very frank with your Doctor, I was, tell them you are a symetry, everything matches and is even type of person and those are the results you are looking for.

Take pictures of breasts you find attractive.  This means either find magazines (ugh) or else look at plastic surgeon sites on the net and copy and save pictures of breasts you find attractive.  Many surgeons have before and after pictures on their sites... just remember all Dr show their good work only.

Keep a copy of what you give the Doctor, notice if he is making notes about what you say you want.  He should be working off these notes when he does your surgery.  Not off the top of his head.

Good luck