Cosmetic Surgery Community
Same situation more or less

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Same situation more or less

I also had a breast reduction on jan 4th of this year, just over a week ago. I went back for my week follow-up and informed my doctor of a small lump that I felt in my left breast. He said that he didn't feel anything. Tonight, two days later, I was changing into my pajamas and checked it out in the mirror because it was very painful all day and I instantly noticed a huge swollen lump in the very spot that my doctor said was fine. Do I have breast cancer?

This discussion is related to FOUND  A PAINFUL LUMP AFTER BREAST REDUCTION.
Breast reduction surgery tends to involve a fair amount of tissue rearrangement and can cause fat necrosis. Fat necrosis occurs when breast tissue loses it's necessary blood supply and essentially turns into fibrotic scar tissue. This may be felt as a hard lump. You need to get it examined from your doctor to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.