Cosmetic Surgery Community
Scar tissue and redness after a seroma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Scar tissue and redness after a seroma

I had a neck lift 5 years ago and got a seroma under my chin. Now My neck is all loose again and I can see lumps and redness alll over. How can I get rid of them?
These small bumps can be due to folliculitis, cysts or benign skin growths. For folliculitis, keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I agree that the lumps and bumps should go away within a few months. And, warm compresses and massaging with your fingers can help it resolve quicker.

The most likely reason to develop seromas is from the raw tissues rubbing together. To reduce the irritation, your body naturally collects more serum (fluid). This is similiar to the fluid that would be inside of a blister.

A seroma usually occurs when there is not enough compression, or when the compression is removed prematurely, although it can occur regardless of compression, too.

Dont worry, it will get better...
With all due respect to both people that replied to me...It's been five years already. They will not go away in a few months. Warm compresses and massages aren't fixing the problem and they aren't cysts. I'm going to a dermatologist next week to see if there are any shots to dissolve this thick scar tissue. Plastic surgeons don't have any answers.