Cosmetic Surgery Community
Sunburn right before surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Sunburn right before surgery

I am having scar revision surgery and some lipo done in two day, and over the weekend, I made the mistake of going to the tanning bed.  I got a mild sunburn, with some areas being redder than others.  My question... will the sunburn affect my surgery?  Is there a medical reason why it would?  It is not peeling or anything, and will probably be mostly faded by Wednesday, but I don't want to get there and get sent home at 6am in the morning...
Call the office of your doctor and ask them this question. It may cause problems with your scar revision surgery, because a sun burn is basically damaged skin and with a surgery it may heal differently than it is supposed to.