Cosmetic Surgery Community
Talking to my parents about rhinoplasty?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Since I have been in high school I hated my nose. I am fine with everything else I don't consider myself gorgeous but my nose just ruins everything. I am super self conscious of it when I meet people I always think their only staring at my nose it has a huge bump on it. I am 21 now and how do I talk to my parents about getting plastic surgery? I don't think my mom is against it but I dont know how to approach the subject I was hoping to get it after I graduate college next year

This discussion is related to Is 16 too young for rhinoplasty?.
Rhinoplasty procedure can be carried out to shorten excessively long noses, straighten noses with a drooping tip, smoothen bumps on the nose, lengthen too short a nose, level out depressed noses, trim down the lumpy ones. But as with all surgical procedures, it is not without complications and hence you should discuss it with a good plastic surgeon before getting it done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.