Cosmetic Surgery Community
Tram flap problem years later

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Tram flap problem years later

7 years after Breast Cancer, Mastectomy, reconstruction & tram Flap surgery, I am experiencing tight, wrenching pain when bending over during yoga. Sometimes it is on the right side (where there is a large visible bulge when I lay down and lift my head) other times it is directly under the breast area near the sternum. I have had 2 doctors  (my Oncologist & a surgeon) tell me it looks like a hernia. The surgeon ordered a cat scan with contrast and that awful tasting barium, and now reports he sees no evidence of hernia, and no other testing indicated. So I am back to sqaure one and out of pocket expenses are rising with no firm answer for what is causing the pain. My original plastic surgeon is not someone I trust as I was never satisfied with the scarring afterward or his follow up on questions I had. I realize that diagnosis is difficult for many doctors but how can you dismiss obvious problems like viselike pain, by saying it's not a hernia, so it must be nothing of concern? That does not make sense. Is there anyone out there who is able to help me with this?
Tags: Hernia, bulge