Cosmetic Surgery Community
Tummy tuck help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Tummy tuck help

I am 32 years old.  I have 2 kids and am raising my nephew who was born addicted to heroin.  It has always been my dream to become a firefighter/paramedic, but after having my kids I weighed 235lbs.  I knew I couldn't obtain my dream at this weight, so I pursued another career.  A few years ago I decided I wanted to get into shape so that I could go after my dream and I have lost over 100lbs.  I work out 3-5 days a week and am in the best shape of my life.  I am now an EMT basic, and in the last year I have became a firefighter. I am registered to begin my classes to become a paramedic this fall.   I work hard to help others, but no matter how many people I help, I still have this self image complex.  I battle with loose skin.  No matter how much and how hard I work out, I know that I will never be able to get rid of it without surgery.  I've accomplished alot in my life, but would like to feel better about myself.  On a public servants salary I will never be able to afford a tummy tuck, and was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to help me?
For loose skin on abdomen you need to get a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty which removes excess fat and skin, and in most cases restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer. This should be carried out by a good plastic surgeon.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.