Cosmetic Surgery Community
breast reduction: friction under left breast with 2 veins and bra

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

after breast reduction, i notice that there are 2 small veins under my left breast that could cause pain in the future where my bra could rub against them.  Will they go away (6 weeks after surgery)?
The recovery after a breast reduction is normally 6-8 weeks. The inflammation and swelling takes at least 6 weeks to reduce to a point that the breast starts to feel soft and natural. If the pain persists even after 8 weeks then you should get it checked from your surgeon.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.