Cosmetic Surgery Community
financial assistance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

financial assistance

I am a single parent, who needs cosmetic surgery to improve my overall health.  I was fortunate to have a consultation free with a doctor who performs these surgeries in Beverly Hills.  I am very much want Dr. Linder to perform the procedures needed so my health will improve.  I have been trying to find out if there are financial assistance to help me pay for this needed procedure.  My credit score is not in great standing at this time.  I am paying my bills.  I am trying to find assistance to pay for the surgery overall.  My medical insurance does not cover such procedures.  While I suffer from a number of illnesses which contributes to my poor health condition.  I have even emailed OPRAH.  That is how desperate I am at this point.  I feel somewhat ashamed in away.  Daily I get on the internet to try and perform different searches to find financial assistance that will pay for the procedures needed for myself.  Can anyone give me any information or refer me to any financial aid assistance that will fund the procedures I need to improve my overall health?  Please I really need help.  Please help me.  
Have you tried applying for carecredit.  It is a medical credit card that can help defer some of the cost.  But like any credit card you will have monthly payments.  Also make sure your doc takes it before you apply.  If you google surgery credit you will get a few other links.  Depending on the procedure, it MAY be something that is considered medically necessary.  If it is negatively affecting your health, ask you PCP for documentation and find a PS that will go to bat with the insurance carrier on your behalf.  If your PCP and possibly specialists, again I do not know what you want to have done, feel that this surgery will improve your health, you can submit to insurance.  Usually they require pictures/x-rays/mri/cat scan of the affliction.  Along with several medical statements from your doctor(s) stating how this affliction has negatively impacted your health, and how your health is expected to improve after said procedure.   I could help a little more if I knew what you were going in for and why.
I have often felt the same way. My body has taken a beating from numerous health issues and some medically necessary surgeries. My self-esteem is at an all-time low. I would be a great candidate for the original show Extreme Makeover. I don't see it on tv anymore. I know having some corrective procedures would help my overall health and self-esteem for the long term. I get very frustrated and depressed and really need help asap.