Cosmetic Surgery Community
gynecomastia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

gynecomastia

I am now 55 and have been off work due to injuries for 12 years. Ive had gynecomastia all my life without knowing it could be paid for by insurance. Now I dont have insurance and I need it worse than ever. Please help with any suggestions you may have, please.

This discussion is related to Gynecomastia.
There are various causes of gynecomastia. One of the most common cause is obesity. Please check it out.

Some of the causes are an imbalance between the male and female sex hormones like in Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism and pituitary disorders;medicines like anti androgenic medications like flutamide and Finasteride(used for prostatic cancer), anti-anxiety medications such as diazepam, Tricyclic antidepressants, anti ulcer medications like cimetidine and heart medications such as digitalis and spironolactone.Gynecomastia is also found in liver,adrenal and kidney disorders.Thyrotoxicosis is also related to it.

I feel that you need to consult a physician so as to form a definitive diagnosis and start with a treatment.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.