Cosmetic Surgery Community
lip injury from bike fall on concrete

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

lip injury from bike fall on concrete

Hit some uneven concrete on a bike, hit the concrete and split lower lip with a deep abrasion.  Had six sutures in there, which were removed a week later.  Its a little over a week since accident, but clearly there is huge uneven tissue on my lip/

I'm African American, with full lips, does that make a difference?  After reading several things online, I get the idea that a month or so is necessary to really see how it heals.

So what can I do right now, other than wait?  
Whether your scar involved the white or red portion of the lip would influence your options. Scar revision is more complex if the laceration crossed the vermillion border from the pink to the white area of the lip. If the laceration and repair left the lip asymmetrical, then fillers could be explored as well.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.