Cosmetic Surgery Community
medial thigh lift

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

medial thigh lift

I had a medial thigh lift 2 weeks ago and the scars wont heal and they keep opening up from the stitches, I when back for stitching 2 time and they still wont heal. i am desperate. How is it better to treat them , keep them open to dry, and just put a cicatidrina cream or put on betadine and keep them close. should I wear the bandage and the corsage or not. My doctor left for a month of Easter holidays and i am here in bed afraid to make a move. Please help. Lena
you really should keep the scars closed or the end result will be a very wide scar if "left open". did you get steri-strips after the surgery to use? it's basically a sterile medical tape used to hold together an incision line. (to pull keep it tight, so there is a thin line of a scar) You can try going to the local pharmacy and looking for wound care options, they may have good products to use.
what is the exact name of this medical tape , please i aneed to know it exactly cause on this blady island i am living they dont know anything.
Steri-strips would be best, though I don't think you can get those from anywhere else other than your doctor's office. Usually they'd give you the steri-strips and compound benzoin tincture(BDI) to cover the scar and keep it closed so it can heal.

The brand of medical tape I was thinking of is called Micropore. I'd put on sterile gauze over the scar and then have the tape over that, keeping the scar closed.