Cosmetic Surgery Community
metacril

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

metacril

I had metacril injections two weeks ago in Costa Rica to my lips and nasalabial folds.  The metacril in the bottom lip has now turned into hard bumps, which I think was the result of going and having my teeth whitened afterwards and the Zoom laser hitting that area so long.  Has anyone else had experience with metacril?  Any recommended plastic surgeons in the Dallas area I can go to and follow up with this issue?  Thanks!  
I'm lined up for plastic surgery in Costa Rica in 2.5 weeks... just looked up info online re metracril.  It sounds like it will never be approved in the US, so I'm not going to give it a try.  Generally our FDA is pretty good regarding their research on new products.
Where did you stay in Costa Rica, and who did your surgery, if you don't mind posting here?
Thanks!
C
Here's what I read online, sorry no info regarding how to eliminate the problem!
Metacril makers of Metacylathe (40u-80u)
Similar to Artecoll distributed in Brazil. Discovered in Germany. Polymethylmethacrylate micro beads. Spreads out below dermis in fat. Is permanent and hard to remove if nodules form Cost $400 per injection site. Allergy testing not known. Will not ever be approved in US.
I first had a very bad nose job..so i did not want to be cut anymore and I found out that in Brazil they do  Pmma , so I did my research and I went to Brazil to see if there was any way it could be fix with Pmma..I had my nose,jawline,cheek..Let's just say it is the BEST thing I ever done..I am a Beautician in New York city..My clients went wild upon my return,so some of them went and they are so happy.. for the first few days it is  hard then it start smoothing out mixing with your own collagen..it looks real natural.. it's now  two years and  I am still so happy..the FDA did pass it in the form of Arte coll..but it is just 25% of the PMMA..
I'm very interested in your experience with PMMA. I also live here in NYC & have recently had a horrible experience where a bad Dr destroyed my buttocks in a fat grafting procedure to my face that was to replace temporary fillers.

I  do not have enough fat to repair it w/ my own fat, especially w/out more risks of further problems so have been searching far & wide for a permanent filler solution

Is there any way I could reach you via email to find out who you went to & if you as a cosmetitian here in NYC might know of a good practitioner in Mexico or somewhere closer to the states?

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer as I'm now out of work (I have been a fitness model up until this experience) until this is repaired

Thank you!