Cosmetic Surgery Community
possible infected incision after skin tag removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

hi I had a large skin tag removed off my left inner thigh a week ago it has now started to get hard under the sutures and bleeding some. is this infected?? also it's a little red now too :/
Hi, yes it is infected. It's called cellulitis. If you're not already taking antibiotics you do need to go back to your doctor who performed the surgery for them to drain the incision and clean it back up so you can heal properly. Hope this helps.  
thank you for the information. I'm on Amox now :) hopefully it heals soon...I'm very worried and anxious about it. will this delay my suture removal?? supposed to be removed Monday the 10th