Cosmetic Surgery Community
subcutaneous atrophy from kenalog

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

subcutaneous atrophy from kenalog

I had my father, who is a nurse practitioner, give me a kenalog shot for poison ivy and now it has caused problems.
I was wondering how many injections did you find it takes to see improvements in the atrophied area? I have an area on each upper arm where i received a shot in October 2007 about the size of a quarter. Do you think one to two mL of saline will be a good start? I really want to try this method since its not pricey and it sounds like there are minimal side effects. Have you had anyone try this and it has made the atrophy worse since the medication that supposedly crystallized has spread out?
Basically I want to know of any bad effects that you have had from this type of correction.

I would greatly appreciate any help that you can give me.  

This discussion is related to saline injections for corticosteroid induced cutaneous atrophy.