Cosmetic Surgery Community
support belt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

support belt

I'm a 60 yr old guy researching solutions for my diastasis recti that resulted from an exploratory surgery last February.  I have just general discomfort, distention when coughing and some pain/burning when exercising and going to the gym just isn't helping.  I have found that a six inch wide hernia belt made for people with stomal hernias (I have a stoma but no hernia) has given me a lot of relief!   Mine is a Nu-Form support belt with a hole for my stoma but there are other post natal abdominal support belts out there.  This isn't a cure but the belt does make difference.  It supports my back, helps my posture and I don't have to hold my belly with my left arm when I bend over.  Sorry that you gals have so much trouble with your insurance companies.  That is really not right!  Good thoughts to you all!
Apart from abdominal binding belts, physiotherapy is also useful for which you can consult a physiotherapist.

In extreme cases, diastasis recti is corrected during the cosmetic surgery procedure known as a tummy tuck for which you have to consult a plastic surgeon.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.