Cosmetic Surgery Community
use of mesh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

use of mesh

I recently had surgery for prolapsed organs, bladder and uterus. The doctor did a hysterectomy and then used mesh to support my bladder and cervic (which she left.) Before this I had use a pessary device to hold my uterus and bladder and place. Actually it worked quite well for two years but I thought the surgery would even improve my life more.  Now I am finding I have to go to the bathroom more often and I have huge anxiety over this whole surgery and regret it. I live overseas and the surgery was done in the states. One big problem is I lost my sleep ability after being under a general for 5-6 hours.  I am working with a psychiatrist and am now on anti depressents and drugs to help get my sleep back.  It's just I don't feel I am getting better and have you heard of this surgery and results etc. I have emailed my doctor and she is now on vacation.  I am scared I have ruined my quality of life and just wanted any suggestions or comments.