Cosmetic Surgery Community
zygomatic arch fracture

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

zygomatic arch fracture

Hi, I had my zygomatic arch fractured in an assault about two months ago. It was fractured at three places, so two loose parts were pointing inwards. I had it reduced with Gillies lift 3 weeks later so I dont have any metal. Maybe because I waited so long they couldnt get it fully out to its original arch, but what worries me now is that it feels and looks as my zygomatic bone is beeing pushed upwards closer to the orbit. The highest tip of the cheekbone feels more prominent on the affected side and I am starting to get more water in that eye. I have this creepy feeling that my face is beeing progressively deformed and it really scares me. I wonder if this movements between the bones will progress further and if something can be done about it.

Zygoman
If the bones have already healed, then in order to change it, they would have to rebreak the bones to change how they look. If you think they may be causing problems with your eye, talk to your doctor about it and see if they want you to come back in to have it looked at. Good luck