6-mp for Crohn's Disease
Has anyone heard of 6-mp for Crohn's? A friend said her husband is on it for C.D. and he is doing great. Many side effects but he has only had a few minor ones.
I've been on 6MP for CD for about 8 months and I have found it to be fantastic! I was previously on Azathioprine for a short time before I developed an allergy to it, and although Mercaptopurine is in the same drug family I have luckily not been allergic to it. Although I had every symptom of crohns, and every side effect of pancreatitis for azathioprine I have (touch wood) remained unscathed by 6MP.

Good luck to him!
Do you have problems with fatigue and/or joint pain? Did you have these symptoms before taking 6mp and how did 6mp affect these symptoms. Thanks for answering my questions.
Just started 6mp today for chrons disease and very concerned about the side effects. Im on half of a pill of 6mp for two weeks then a whole pill after that. I am also on 4 pills a day of endocort and 8 pills a day of pentasa. Not to mention vitamens. I have felt sick most of the day today, just wish something would work. Its exhausting being on so much medicine.  I was diagnosed with Crohns in Dec., big lifestyle change for only being 26. Ive had no weight loss or bowel problems the only thing I suffer with is pain and vomitting.
Started 6mp a month ago, only on 25mg at the moment. Was previously on aza for 4 years but they switched me in the hope it would stop my nausea. I find out on Monday whether I stay on it but I am concerned that I havent tolerated it like aza and am experiencing side effects, including joint pain (just sprained my ankle literally after walking down a step), nausea etc. Im not liking it much, but its got to be better than surgery at 22.
I've been on 6mp almost 3 years and it's been the only thing to work for me to take me out of an almost 3 and 1/2 year uncontrollable flare. I do experience side effects with it fatigue being the number one that hasn't subsided. I had joint pain at first but that went away after 6 months or so. In the beginning I also had constant nausea but that too subsided. The fatigue is real bad but I always look at the alternative and this is much better.