6weeks
I'm 6weeks pregnant,  I just found out and haven't been to a doctor yet. My question is how does crohns disease affect my baby? I normally can never gaon weight so I'm just really worried.  
Hey there. I know a woman with Crohn's currently going through her first pregnancy. So far? She's okay.

From what I know, and I'm no expert, it's really not going to make the baby's time as difficult as it will make your time more difficult. I know two people with the disease, and I don't have to tell you how much hell it is.

Baby is going to be fine. Your doctor will work with you to come up with a birthing plan and ideas on how to manage your Crohn's.
It is very important your baby receive the nutrients it needs for development.  With low weight, you are already aware your own nutrition may be compromised.  I would ask the doctor about how to increase your nutrient absorption.  Ask if L-glutamine powder is advisable.  I don't know if it is okay for pregnant women.  And that's the thing - your OB is now the ONE in charge of your health.  Do nothing and expect no other doctors to give you anything because they will defer to your obstetrician until you deliver.  
Hi there.

Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy. I too have Crohns and I am 11 weeks pregnancy. This is my second child, but I was undiagnosed when I had my son. I'd been having symptoms a long time though and I was really healthy while pregnant. all my symptoms went.

I think if you get pregnant while in remission your pregnancy is likely to run smoothly. But obviously, there is always the exception. If you get pregnant during a flare you are more at risk to early miscarriage, premature birth, low birth weight. This said, try not to worry. Many women in a flare still go on to have healthy babies. You should be closely monitored and looked after. I'm under a consultant and my first appointment with him or her will be at 11 weeks.

Hope this has helped? :-) all the best.
Sorry, I mean to say my first appointment with consultant will be at 16 weeks. Also, I have been having a few Crohns pains this time round, and stool sample indicates slight Crohns activity. But so far baby is fine to my knowledge. Obviously looking forward to my scan to confirm this :-)